Literature Review Dissertation Sample Nursing Cover Letter
Academic Cover Letters
When you're applying for a faculty position with a college or university, the cover letter is your first chance to make a strong impression as a promising researcher and teacher. Below you'll find some strategies for presenting your qualifications effectively in an academic context.
Distinctions between Academic and Business Cover Letters
A cover letter for an academic job has a function similar to one for a business job, but the content differs significantly in quantity and kind. While the general advice for business cover letters—such as tailoring your letter for the specific job and selling your strengths—still applies, a cover letter for an academic position should be long enough to highlight in some detail your accomplishments during your graduate education in research, teaching, departmental service, and so on. The typical letter is thus usually one and a half to two pages long, but not more than two—roughly five to eight paragraphs.
The First Paragraph
In the opening of your letter you need to convey some basic information, such as what specific position you are applying for (using the title given in the job notice) and where you learned of the opening. Since a cover letter is a kind of persuasive writing (persuading a hiring committee to include you on a list of candidates for further review), the first paragraph of your letter should also make the initial claim as to why you are a strong candidate for the position.
Tailoring for Your Audience
In an academic context knowing your audience means reading the job notice carefully and knowing the type of institution to which you are applying. Most graduate students have studied a broad range of material within their discipline before specializing in a narrow field for the dissertation project. Since it is rare to find a job notice specifying your exact qualifications, you need to emphasize those aspects of your graduate training that seem particularly relevant to the position advertised.
- Job notice: If you've written a political science dissertation on populism in early twentieth-century US national politics, you probably won't respond to a notice seeking a specialist in international politics during the Cold War. But you may wish to apply for a position teaching twentieth-century US political parties and movements. In this case you would want to stress the relevance of your dissertation to the broad context of twentieth-century US politics, even though the study focuses narrowly on the pre-World War I period. You might also highlight courses taken, presentations given, or other evidence of your expertise that corresponds to the job notice.
- Type of institution: Often the job notice will provide a brief description of the college or university, indicating such factors as size, ownership (public, private), affiliation (religious, nonsectarian), geography (urban, suburban, rural), and so on. These factors will influence the kind of information emphasized in your letter. For example, for a job at a small liberal arts college that focuses on undergraduate teaching, you would emphasize your teaching experience and pedagogical philosophy early in the letter before mentioning your dissertation. On the other hand, for a job at a large research university you would provide at least one detailed paragraph describing your dissertation early in the letter, even indicating your plans for future research, before mentioning your teaching and other experience.
If you're still working on your dissertation, you should mention somewhere in the letter when you expect to be awarded the Ph.D., even being as specific as to mention how many chapters have been completed and accepted, how many are in draft version, and what your schedule for completion is. Last-paragraph tips include the following:
- Mention your contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached if you will be away during a holiday break.
- If you will be attending an upcoming major professional conference in your field, such as the MLA convention for language and literature professionals, indicate that you will be available for an interview there. Be sure to mention that you are available for telephone or campus-visit interviews as well.
- If you have some special connection to the school, type of institution, or region, such as having attended the school as an undergraduate or having grown up in the area, you may wish to mention that information briefly at some point.
- Mention your willingness to forward upon request additional materials such as writing samples, teaching evaluations, and letters of recommendation.
Job seekers at Purdue University may find value in the Purdue Career Wiki.
When writing a nursing school essay, it is worthy to remember that nurse business is targeted not at illness, but at a person or group of people (family, staff, and society). It is aimed at the solution of problems with health, which take place resulting from various physiological and mental disorders.
The following goals of nurse care can also become a good nursing assignment help:
- Assistance to the person in definition and achievement of physical, mental, social health and wellness in close relation to social and ecological surrounding of this person. It is the so-called holistic (integral) approach to a patient as a biopsychosocial being. At the same time, this approach can be well developed in one's nursing coursework.
- Contribution to health strengthening.
- Maximal participation of the person when looking after one's own health.
- Prevention of the patients' health disorders. Students can also consider this goal as the basis for their term paper.
- Relief or minimization of a negative effect of delicate health or illness on an individual.
- Satisfaction of human needs in physical, emotional or social support (if faced with illness, weakness or death). Concerning this goal, it may become a good starting point for your future dissertation. Nursing is the sphere that swarms with topics for academic papers.
Objects of nurse care can be:
- Individual (patient).
- Family (patient's family members).
- Society where this patient lives.
Sooner or later, every nurse will face the necessity to write her nursing assistant cover letter. Doing this, one can describe professional qualities and characteristic features, which are very important for this profession. There are many samples of similar CVs in the Internet, so one may try looking for some useful information online. However, we would not recommend you do that because thousands of other people do the same, and all CVs then look alike. You will not be noticed in the crowd of other candidates, and you may lose a change to get your dream job. Therefore, think twice, and make a choice of ordering your CV with us and we will make sure it looks better than perfect.
Nurse activities are based on four main considerable concepts or spheres, which can be thoroughly discussed in your nursing case study:
- Person as individuality.
- The surrounding environment.
- Nurse business.
The first large concept is the person as individuality. In a broad sense, this concept relates to all people. Although, many theories about concept of the person state that every personality is a biological, psychological, social, and spiritual human being. These components form a single whole of the person-patient (integral, holistic approach); they are peculiar to all people, but individual for every one of us - that is why, they reflect personality of every man. The topic "Person as Individuality" can become a good basis for nursing research. Such research should be completed extremely thoroughly as there is nothing more important that health of another person, so a nurse should get a very detailed and deep knowledge in the sphere by conducting research, and this way nurse will be able to provide the necessary treatment to others.
The second large concept is the surrounding environment, a company of the patient, which usually includes all external factors of influence on the patient. The surrounding environment always had an impact on a life-sustaining activity of man as on essential factor for disease prevention. When writing a nursing research paper, it would not be inappropriate to remind you that the surrounding environment is divided into:
- physical aspect that involves geographic location, climate, quality of air, water, etc.;
- social aspect that plays a huge role when forming the personality of the patient under nurse's care (family, school, friends, acquaintances, fellow workers);
- cultural aspect that covers the person's behavior and relationships with other people (language, traditions, customs, beliefs, communication style).
Every individual (patient) has a lot of different responses of own organism to changes in external factors of the surrounding environment. This conception includes personal, psychological, intellectual, and interpersonal points, which can affect reaction of the person concerning his/her environment. A nurse needs to manage relationship with the patient (therefore, a nurse has to possess critical thinking in nursing) according to his/her surrounding environment where this patient lives and works. If these relationships are advantageous, it will drive a nurse and the patient to success during time of care provision. The above-mentioned information can be used for your future nursing dissertations writing.
The third large concept is health, which may vary depending on different life stages of the person's development and other factors. Health is closely connected with adaptation of the person to external and internal stressors. Being a highly qualified nurse, it is not so complicated to compose a nursing review concerning the above-mentioned issue. Throughout life, the person unveils maximal individual potential opportunities by means of adaptation. Health is an aim that should be pursued; nursing homework help, one way or another, is closely connected with health issues. This notion includes independent living skills; it provides feeling of organism and the surrounding environment's integrity, ability to overcome stresses by way of adaptation. In any way, nurses are inseparable part of the notion "health services." In the modern medical world, these people have to be competitive and, as a result, possess the knowledge on correct writing concerning nursing CV. UK nurses should follow the same rules. Although, the task to write a resume may turn out to be not a piece of cake. What should we do in this case? The solution is to address to professional writing service and get qualified nursing resume help.
The fourth large concept is nurse business. It is a central core in all theories. Definition of nurse business involves functions of a nurse and her role while cooperating with the patient. You may get a nursing essay help when you know that nurses' actions are targeted at examination of the patient's organism reactions to illness, at emotional support, help and care for patients with corporals. At the same time, nurses teach patients how to keep health in the course of a lifetime, and instruct them regarding prevention of diseases and exacerbation of current illnesses. To turn out to be a qualified nurse and get a position, one has to learn how to write a nursing CV. This profession is an ancient art that focuses on care to the patient. Art and science are closely united here.
If you have a dream to become a nurse, there is no doubt that you will need such papers as nursing resume in future. Sometimes, the process of writing these documents can turn out to be a challenge. Taking into account this fact, do not worry about it and order your nursing student cover letter and other kinds of papers at Pro-Papers.com.
While working, a nurse faces psychological, spirituals, social, and physical aspects of the patient as an individual, but not only patient's diagnosis. In addition, nurses fulfill other work such as preparation of nursing report. In other words, nurse's range of interests comprises reactions of the person to interaction with the surrounding environment. These reactions come under the influence of the person's previous experience, condition of such environment, social and economic factors, and dynamics of family relationships. Moreover, a future nurse can examine these reactions closer when writing various nursing articles as the part of academic assignment. Nurse business is an art of patient-centered care during illness and assistance provided to the patient in achieving life-long maximal health potential.
More often than not, future nurses badly need help with writing nursing papers as many of them have part-time jobs.
To become a nurse is a very responsible decision. Nowadays, there are such program levels as master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, associate's degrees, and certificates. Sphere of nurse business includes the following program specializations: adult nurse business, pediatrics, mental health nurse business, and geriatrics. Despite specialization, every nurse, with great probability, will need help with writing a nursing term paper. The length of program levels varies differently: you will need to study 4 years to obtain bachelor's degree, 2 years to have master's and associate's degrees, and 1 year to get a certificate. Students who want to become nurses, receive general education alongside with clinical training in various medical settings and hospitals. When studying, these students should submit many papers. At the same time, student will have to write a good nursing assistant resume to receive a position. Sometimes, it is not so easy to complete them on time. Clinical training, personal affairs, some other urgent things may take all student's vacant hours. In this case, it is no surprise when someone starts thinking like "pay someone to do your coursework," "I need help with writing nursing assignments," etc. If you want to get the most qualified support, then Pro-Papers.com is a correct solution to your situation. Our company has proved its worth as the best nursing assignment writing service. Pro-Papers.com writers will scrupulously complete your assignment; you can also be sure of high quality of all papers. Buy a term paper online at Pro-Papers.com and you will never regret this decision. We are always ready to answer any questions regarding order placement and everything that is connected with academic writing. If you work as a nurse and you need your nursing cover letter to be written, do not hesitate and chat with us concerning the issue!
|Writing from scratch|