Application Cover Letter For Postal Service
Postal Service Clerk Resume Objective
Postal Service Clerks can be found performing a variety of duties in post offices. In your resume, remember to include a short and to-the-point objective statement that successfully highlights your abilities, skills and experience. This statement should be utilized to give potential employers a good reason to consider you for employment. Grab their attention by showing them what you are capable of and leave them with a good first impression.
What the Postal Service Clerk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Postal Service Clerks have a variety of responsibilities including sorting mail, providing assistance to customers, weighing packages, receiving mail, taking photos for passports and checking mail for the correct addresses. They additionally sell stamps, answer questions, register mail, balance the cash drawer, process money orders, provide assistance to the mail carriers and attend to any problems that customers are experiencing. Skills required for this position include excellent organizational, customer service, people, mathematical and communication skills. If any of these pertain to you, mention them in your objective statement.
Sample Postal Service Clerk Resume Objectives
Aside from naming your skills and experience in your objective, also include the name of the company you are applying for. This is an excellent way to show employers that you have a great interest in working for them. Here are some example resume objectives for Postal Service Clerks:
1. Looking to secure a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company that will allow an individual with excellent organizational, communication and mathematical skills and two years of customer service experience to benefit the organization.
2. Detail-oriented, friendly individual with 10 years of experience in customer service and exceptional communication and organizational skills searching for a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company.
3. Seeking employment with ABC Company as a Postal Service Clerk as an individual with five years of experience in the industry and excellent communication and organizational skills.
4. Dedicated, hard-working individual with excellent communication and customer service skills looking to secure an entry level Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company.
5. Obtain a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company that will enable an individual to display good customer service, communication and organizational skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Postal Delivery Worker Cover Letter Example
If you have found a job as a postal delivery worker that you would like to apply for then you will need to be accurate and organised and be able to cover the areas you are allocated to thoroughly. A postal delivery worker may work on foot or in a van depending on the area. If you are able to drive please state this in your application to help the assessors decide what area to allocate you to.
You will need to be physically fit to be able to carry the area’s letters and small parcels and be able to do this at a reasonable pace. You will report to the post office each morning and end of shift to collect letters and bring back any undeliverable etc.
Related: Delivery Van Driver Cover Letter
If you have found a job you want to apply for, please see the below covering letter which you can use as an example:
Postal Delivery Worker Cover Letter Example
Mr. A. Employee
1, My House
Mrs. A. Manager
Application for the role of Postal Worker
I would like to apply for the role of Postal Worker which you have got advertised in (where and when).
I have been interested in working for Royal Mail for a number of years and have been gaining hands on work and utilising my organised nature. (Put a bit about what you have been doing here and use relevant skills and match to the job advert).
I am a very organised and methodical worker; I have good communication skills and feel able to liaise with many different people. I am physically fit and go walking as a hobby so I am familiar with walking and finding my way. I also have a clean driving licence and am open to any area that you feel would be relevant to this role.
Having looked into the role and the company I feel that I would fit in well and that I can help by doing any shifts necessary and can do extra hours at particularly busy periods also.
I have enclosed my CV showing in detail the skills and experiences that I have had to date. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for reading my letter and CV.