Un Peu Anime Music Definition Essay
Exciting news from the Cinémathèque française announcing dates for the much-anticipated Chris Marker exhibition has been posted on www.cinematheque.fr.
Here’s the intro and several citations for now. Rough English translations have been added at the end of the post.
For background on the acquisition of Marker’s estate, see State of the Estate and State of the Estate II: The Glorious Shambles, as well as Fonds Chris Marker – 550 Grands Cartons chez Cinémathèque française here at chrismarker.org.
CHRIS MARKER LES 7 VIES D’UN CINÉASTE
EXPOSITION – RETROSPECTIVE DU 3 MAI AU 29 JUILLET 2018
Text by: Christine Van Assche (commissaire générale), Raymond Bellour et Jean-Michel Frodon (commissaires associés)
Find out more at: www.cinematheque.fr
For those who wish in advance to dig a bit deeper into a philosophical exploration of Chris Marker and the archive, I recommend reading “Marker’s Archive”, the second Essay of Gavin Keeney’s recent book Knowledge, Spirit, Law: Book 2: The Anti-Capitalist Sublime. The sections of this wide-ranging reflection – within an even wider-ranging, fascinating book – comprise: I. Cultural Patrimony; II. Futural Intensity; III. Belated Assimilations; IV. Editioned Works; V. Pre-1962 Marker; and VI. Postscript. It is available through Punctum Books (‘earth, milky way’) in a limited edition. See punctumbooks.com.
Keeney is no stranger to Marker. In 2012, he published Dossier Chris Marker: The Suffering Image. The publisher Cambridge Scholars offers this sample online: Download PDF: Dossier Chris Marker.
CHRIS MARKER THE 7 LIVES OF A CINEASTE
EXPOSITION – RETROSPECTIVE FROM MAY 3 TO JULY 29, 2018
The exhibition Chris Marker is a journey. A journey in space and time, a journey that accompanies, from the Second World War and the Resistance until his death in 2012, the exceptional journey of a filmmaker and a man out of the ordinary. This trip is at the same time the chronicle of a long and very full existence, and a free movement in the different layers of time alongside an inventive explorer of possible displacements between present, past and future, displacements of which La Jetée offered the best known model. This exhibition is at the same time a journey into space, on the surface of the planet, alongside a tireless globe-trotter, curious about the world and its inhabitants: California, Iceland, Korea, Guinea Bissau, Siberia, China, Latin America from Mexico City to Valparaíso via Havana, mark out those journeys where the love of Japan occupies a singular place. The courses of Chris Marker, on occasion, will have even led him to Mars or to the virtual planet of Second Life …
The Cinémathèque française has collected the immense archives of all kinds and on any medium [format, device] left by Marker at his death. It is from this rich and heterogeneous treasure – both chronological and thematic – that the exhibition was conceived. The material of this legacy is so rich and so complex that the inventory of the one who was also a passionate archivist is not yet complete when opening the exhibition. In particular, we discover the original works that had been offered to him by great artists, his own previously unknown plastic [fine art] creations, as well as his two great installations, Zapping Zone (Proposals for an Imaginary Television) and Owls at Noon Prelude: The Hollow Men, as well as the discussion program with a computer he had designed, Dialector.
The exhibition is accompanied, in theaters of the Cinémathèque, by the complete movies, videos and television programs (the thirteen episodes of The Owl’s Legacy) directed by Chris Marker. Also to be screened are the films he collaborated on, and the recent documentary directed by Jean-Marie Barbe and Arnaud Lambert, Never Explain, Never Complain. And as well a particular program of great classic films particularly loved by Marker and with which his own realizations dialogue.
Finally, I just noticed news of an event, “Assembling Marker”, which will put Marker curator Jean-Michel Frodon in conversation with Nora Alter at Slought | Assembling Marker in Philadelphia, on March 12, 2018. It has been organized with Film and Media Arts at Temple University and Cinema & Media Studies and French & Francophone Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. Of course the mention of a “double volume publication” by the Cinémathèque definitely caught my attention. Here an excerpt from the announcement:
Upon Marker’s death, there were no direct heirs nor designees to manage his estate, preserve his legacy, and archive his materials. That task was taken up by the archives experts from Cinémathèque française, with the help and guidelines of a few devoted individuals including Jean-Michel Frodon and Raymond Bellour. The result of their tireless efforts and commitment is a double volume publication forthcoming this May, the most comprehensive exhibition ever dedicated to Marker’s multifacted work, and a vast retrospective including all his films and many of those he was inspired by or that were inspired by him, opening at the Cinémathèque Française on May 2. In conversation with Alter, Frodon will discuss the experience and process of archiving Marker, editing his writings and preparing an exhibition—all part of the process of making accessible the work of a deeply private person who vehemently disliked public life.
Where do people get the idea that being a “deeply private person” translates automatically into “vehemently disliked public life”? Sure, if we define public life as non-stop interviews and being stalked by paparazzi, that might hold true, but Marker welcomed strangers into his atelier, offered them vodka, made friends across the world, and in many ways made public life – the commons and the global village – the vast palette from which he assembled his creations, even though he no doubt needed long stretches of private, focused time to bring them to life.
WHAT IS MUSIC?
Music is an art form where musical sounds, organized in a specific manner, serve as the method of artistic image realization. Its main expressive means and elements are the following: stop, rhythm, beat, time, sound dynamics, tone, melody, tune, polyphony, instrumentation. Music is being fixed in musical notation and brought about in the process of performance. There exists a division of songs into secular and sacred, or a cultic one (the eldest, at present, is the music of the Buddhist ritual). Development of musical theory on musical notation and pedagogics is closely connected with European cultic music, which is usually called sacred.
According to the performing means, music is subdivided into instrumental, vocal-instrumental, and vocal (singing). Often, it is combined with cinema, choreography, and art. In addition, there is a difference between monothematic music (monody) and a polyphonic one (homophony, polyphony). It is also subdivided into kinds and types, such as theatrical (opera, etc.), symphonic, chamber, and many others, and into genres: song, choral, jazz, dance, pop, march, blues, symphony, country, suite, sonata, rock, rap, etc. More or less, musical compositions possess relatively stable typical structures.
For better understanding, let us examine some musical genres:
- March. It is remarkable for strictly deliberate time, distinct rhythm, brisk and courageous character. This musical genre provides synchronous movement of a great number of people. Military marches are created for a field (brass) band. March is used in opera and ballet and, at the same time, as the single piece. The dead march is a particular variety of the marches.
- Symphony is a musical composition for philharmonic orchestra that is written in sonata cyclic form; usually, it consists of four parts. Classical type of symphony has been formed at the end of 18th – beginning of 19th centuries.
- The suite is an instrumental cyclic musical composition that includes several contrasting parts. The suite is different from sonata and symphony by the absence of strict regulation of quantity, character, and parts’ order; close connection with dance and song refers to the suite as well.
In the meantime, it is worthy to learn more about a notion of musical form. First and foremost, it is a group of expressive means that embody specific ideological-artistic content in a musical composition. In the second place, musical form is a set of elements of the musical composition structure itself. Musical form is unique in every composition. However, there exist its stable various scale types: period, complex and simple two-part, simple and complex three-part forms, variations, rondo, sonata forms, etc. The least meaningful unit is a tune; two or more tunes make up a phrase, phrases construct a sentence; two sentences often comprise a period. A form of period depends on the topics of a musical composition. The main principles of forming are exposition of thematic material, its development, exact and varying repetition, and comparison with new themes; these principles interact frequently.
HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON A MUSICAL COMPOSITION?
One of the common assignments at schools and colleges where students grasp the musical art is, for sure, the assessment of specific musical composition. And while practicing with instruments and singing is hard indeed, writing about music is not easier, as it requires a lot of skills and knowledge of genres, techniques, and other "technical" aspects. Nevertheless, this task is crucial for your development as a musician. It helps to understand the true beauty of the songs and melodies, learn to define strength and weaknesses of compositions, and realize how you can make the music you create now and will work on in the future better. Therefore, you need to learn how to write a musical review professionally, and here are some practical tips that will help you with it:
- Listening. You will not be able to write a good article without listening to the composition for at least a few times. Try to relax and enjoy the first time you do it. Find the moments you like the most, and analyze what makes them sound beautiful, and reflect it in your essay about music. Afterward, take some time to think, and listen once again, trying to spot the moments you dislike and repeat the analysis.
- Deliberation of the heard. After the last sounds are gone, sit a bit in silence setting in memory all stages of composition. Such method can provide you a considerable assistance with writing your essay on music.
- It is compulsory to define the common character of a composition.
- A research. While you need to understand how you feel about the musical piece and try to perceive every detail of the composition yourself, you can research what other people think about this composition too. Try to find an article about music you have listened to and see if any well-known and credible critics have left their feedbacks. It is important that you do not change your mind about the composition just to match the words of professionals unless you really agree with them on certain points.
- Generation of the plan. The music essay should include the introductory clause, main body, and conclusion. The introductory clause may contain information concerning a specific composition and several sentences about a composer. You can also include some background information – a story of the way the tune has been created. College essays about music usually have quite specific requirements regarding the structure that has to be followed and points, which are important to address, and you need to make sure your paper adheres to these instructions. If you have been given none, it is recommended to look up the template to outline your work properly.
- The main paragraphs will be fully built on a piece of music itself.
- While generating a plan, it is very important to write down some notes regarding the intro of the play, kinds of instruments, silent or loud sounding, what one can hear in the middle, and ending.
- In the last paragraph, one is free to express own feelings and emotions on the occasion of the heard, and you should focus on your emotions during the process of essay writing. Music does create some feelings and emotions, so try not only to assess the piece from the professional viewpoint, but also share your emotions from the side of the mere listener.
Following these tips precisely, you can surely produce a nice essay. While you will not yet be able to review music for money with the skills you gain from completing the assignment, you will have a chance to get a better grade at school. If for some reason, you cannot finish the essay on time, but still need a good mark for the task, there is no need to worry, as a huge team of expert writers is always here to assist. Hence, if you need an urgent music homework help, do not hesitate to contact the professionals at Pro-Papers, and let them help you with the submission of the quality essay.
MOST POPULAR TOPICS FOR MUSIC ESSAY WRITING
Essay writing on music applies to large quantity of subjects because the sphere is diverse; the same is the case with choosing the topics for your essay. For example, definition essay may be written in a way to include such themes, as elements (harmony, melody or rhythm), periods (Romantic, Classical, Baroque or Renaissance), tempo (allegro, andante, adagio), instruments (percussion, brass, woodwinds, stringed instruments).
The following ideas might be useful:
- Musicians and their artistic explorations. You can choose two or more musicians and compare them in accordance with their legacy, education, and upbringing.
- Styles of music. Here one may make a comparison of multifarious mystic styles taking into consideration meter, melody, rhythm, and structure.
- Music, which belongs to different cultures.
It is simple to find admirers or opponents of different genres; although, there are many argumentative themes, able to become the basis for well-organized music essays. These themes can cover:
- Influence on the level of criminality
- Issues, connected with illegal downloading and piracy
MUSIC RESEARCH PAPER WRITING TIPS
The research projects students are asked to complete at universities and colleges vary from major to major. Some people have to deal with term papers more, while others already got used to working on thesis papers. No matter what kind of project you are assigned, there are instructions you need to follow, and they may be similar due to the commonalities the tasks share. Here are the few major ones you need to remember before you begin to work:
- Choose what you like and spend enough time for the research. Music coursework is a huge paper, and you will have to work on it for a while. If you do not want this writing assignment to be daunting and unpleasant, it is better to pick the topic that you like enough to enjoy the research process. When you have a few options you think work perfectly with you, let your instructor take a look at them, and suggest what you should go with, or tell you how to make the topics more specific. Start researching the topic only when you are sure the teacher approves it if you do not want to find yourself wasting time. Leave at least third part of the deadline for the research, look for credible authors in the field, and sources recommended by the specialists. Avoid using data from the articles that were not peer reviewed, or the websites you are not sure use the trustworthy info.
- Organize the working process. You should not only manage the preparation time properly, but also outline the music term paper beforehand. It is crucial to follow any guidelines you have regarding the structure, or look up the samples on similar topics and see what sections they consist of. Deciding how and what you will cover before writing will help you create a consistent and focused research paper, and spend less time on editing afterward.
- Rewrite and proofread. While this might be the most obvious tip ever given, most of the students fail to consider it before submitting their music thesis papers. It is paramount to proofread the paper once you are done writing and edit everything that does not sound good enough. You can also ask for an editing help of a friend or any specialist in the sphere of providing a coursework writing service. UK or US are known to have many companies that could help in case it is crucial to eliminate the number of blunders to an absolute minimum. If you spot serious issues in any parts of the work, it is better to rewrite it completely rather than edit, especially if you have enough time. Thus, you will ensure that the submitted piece is graded highly.
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW TO WRITE A WINNING MUSIC CV
If you are a musician, singer, or a teacher looking for the employment options, it is absolutely necessary for you to have a well-crafted CV. Music curriculum vitae are very important as they can help you find the job faster and outshine all other potential candidates for the spots you aim for. CV in a music industry is more of an experience description, and it is a lot more focused than the application papers of experts in other spheres. The position you desire to occupy will determine the structure and the content of your CV. Musical professionals need to have specific CVs that have to be targeted towards the specifics of the job and the hiring company, institution, or organization, which means that you need to research the common requirements you need to follow while writing and understand what the employers are willing to see while reviewing the application. Pro-Papers has prepared a few basic tips you need to know to craft a winning CV:
- Put the most significant details and the contact information at the top of the music resume. Your name has to be visible from the first sight and be a bit bigger than the other text. It is pivotal that you put your phone number, address, and an email under the name, to make them easy to spot, as you do not want it to be hard for the employers to reach. Also, you can indicate the main instrument you play or the voice type at the same section, if applicable.
- Always start with experiences and end with education. The hirers definitely want you to be an educated person, but they care more about the experience you have and the skills you have obtained throughout the years than about the degree you have. Include the information on the organizations you have worked for, as well as the exact dates, add the data on the instruments you have played, and the section/role/chair if appropriate for the position. Note that details and section you include are different for CVs and resumes. The first ones can be lengthy and include as much info as the writer finds relevant, while second ones are about a page long, and cover only the points of the top relevance. The curriculum vitae are mostly for the people involved in the academic field or the ones that have a lot of experience to show, and resume for musicians will also be a predominant factor when someone tries to get a good position in the sphere.
- Mention honors and certifications. If you have awards, accreditations, licenses, and certification, it is vital to list them all and devote the whole section of the resume to it. It is hard to express how much such details will boost your chances to get the job you apply for, as employers truly value the candidates who have a great reputation and an international or, at least, local recognition. Therefore, do not be afraid to brag about own achievements, as you have deserved what you have got, and there is no point in hiding it from the public.
BUY MUSIC ESSAY FROM PRO-PAPERS.COM
Songs by great artists have become a necessity of our life; it helps us relax after difficult and intensive working day, it distresses. It is impossible to have fun without it, and when someone feels blue, it helps to cure the soul. Music reveals a person showing his colors; it draws people together. It can be said a lot about a character of a person by analyzing the songs he or she prefers listening to.
You adore listening to music, but you still have to do some homework. Music is a really great thing to listen to, but homework may be not as easy as it seems at the first glance. Have no worries, as there are numerous specialists by your side who are always ready to assist. Whether you are preparing a music resume for college or are working on a thesis to get a degree, Pro-Papers has everything necessary to bring you the success. The highly qualified crew of writers, personal approach, best sources, on-time delivery, and the solid guarantee concerning plagiarism-free content and absence of grammatical blunders, and this is just for starters. Purchase term papers, research works, essays, and CVs from Pro-Papers to get an affordable and professional help from the best writing team in the sphere!
|Writing from scratch|