Why Should Teachers Assign Homework
Top 14 Reason Why Homework is Important
Posted onOctober 27, 2010bye-Skool
Here are the top 14 reasons why Homework is important:
- It improves your child’s thinking and memory
- It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him or her well throughout life
- Homework encourages your child to use time wisely
- It teaches your child to work independently
- Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for his or her work
- It allows your child to review and practice what has been covered in class
- It helps your child to get ready for the next day’s class
- Homework helps your child learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials, and computer Web sites to find information
- It encourages your child to explores subjects more fully than classroom time permits
- It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
- It helps your child integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task, such as book reports or science projects
- Howework helps parents learn more about what your child is learning in school
- It allows parents to communicate about what he or she is learning
- It encourages parents to spark your child’s enthusiasm
Homework is an important part of school, if we didn't have it how would students study for tests. How would teachers measure student progress?
• Homework teaches kids responsibility. Homework is also good because it occupies a lot of teacher’s time.
• It was proven that after the cold war Russian children were smarter than American children because they banned all laws limiting homework.
• Teachers give homework to measure the progress of their students and to help them learn important concepts.
• If teachers didn't give out homework, then students would have no way of practicing the important things they have learned.
I think that all teachers should give homework.
I think that all teachers should give homework. Homework never hurt anybody. Homework gives kids something to do that
keeps them out of trouble. Homework
teaches kids responsibility. Homework is
also good because it occupies a lot of teacher’s time. Teachers need work to do every day to justify
their salaries, too.
Homework is good.
Homework is a great way for teachers to keep their students sharp. I think that homework can be used as an important tool in continuing the education of a student when they leave the classroom.It keeps their minds sharp and keeps them focused when they are not with the teacher.
Homework is helpful
Even though I am willing to bet money that 8/10 kids would love nothing more then to have homework abolished, I think looking back on my time in school, homework is a very important factor in a students success in school. It gives them extra practice for the upcoming tests.
Yes. I believe teachers should give homework.
Yes. I believe Teachers should give homework, because it gives students a second look at the material. Also it students a chance to use extra arenas to study the material such as the Internet. Students would get a chance to work at their own pace, as opposed to a classroom environment.
Homework encourages discipline
Homework shouldn't be heavily weighted in the overall grade of a course, but there's no reason not to give homework as long as it isn't merely busy work. Although it maybe SHOULDN'T be the case, there are a lot of jobs where work is taken home. A large part of the function of schooling is preparation for the adult world.
Homework is Essential
Teachers give homework to measure the progress of their students and to help them learn important concepts. If teachers didn't give out homework, then students would have no way of practicing the important things they have learned. If students didn't learn in school, they would be poorly equipped to be functioning adults.
Homework Is A Part of Education
Teachers should be able to assign homework. It is a fundamental part of the curriculum. Not all assignments can be handled in class. This is especially true in the language arts. The best way to learn how to write is sit down behind a computer and write. It takes a lot of time, and there are not enough minutes in a class period to do it in school.
Yes they should
If you do not have homework then how would you be able to learn how to do stuff. Plus most of the time why you have soooooooo much homework is because some people does not get there class work done so you have so much homework. So there fore you can not spend a lot of time with your family
Helps With Life Skills
Homework helps with responsibility, perseverance, and self-esteem. It helps with responsibility because it is the student's responsibility to do the work, and pay attention in class. Homework helps with perseverance because if a student comes across a problem they cannot solve, they push on, until they understand. It helps with self-esteem because when a student turns in homework and gets a good grade, it boosts their self-esteem.